Lately everyone is asking what I have been using on my skin. I knew right away. One word. Clarins. When I heard about the benefits about their Double Serum with 90% of of women finding it more effective than their current serum, I had to see for myself. The dual chamber system combines two age-defying formulas into one groundbreaking serum that reactivates skin’s vital functions. You will see visibly firmer skin, visibly reduced wrinkles, a more even skin tone and less visible pores in just 4 weeks. When I say this are true, believe me.
Of course there are always the basic rules I adhere to when taking care of my skin.
1. Always wash your face twice a day followed by toner and a good moisturizer. Even in doing this, your skin will look much more radiant. I use the and the Multi-Active Day Correcting Cream in the morning and Multi-Active Night Youth Recovery Cream at bedtime. Always pat on serums and creams insteading of rubbing it in using circles.
2. Never go to bed with makeup on. I know it's hard after a long night of partying or a late night at the office when all you want to do is lay down. Don't do it! Think of how much extra dirt you've acquired after dancing with the girls all evening! If you just can't get up to use the sink, then at least use a cleansing wipe such as Yes to Cucumbers Facial Wipes. Your skin will thank you. When I want to race to bed, one of my tricks is to mix my cleanser with Elizabeth Grady Skin Smoothing Powder. The scrub mixture takes my makeup right off.
3. Never pick at "areas of concern". This is the term the pros use for zits. Touching your face and trying to pop that blemish is just irritating the problem and causing it to last longer.
4. Use Double Serum at least once a day. Remember pat!
5. Do not skip the toner! This is most important. I love Neutrogena Toner. It is inexpensive, alcohol free and does the trick.
6. Eye cream is a major do at any age. I have always used an eye cream followed by a moisturizer. You don't have to spend a fortune. Any cream is better than no cream. Of course, I stick with program and love Super Restorative Total Eye Cream.
I have always wondered about a few skin care myths so I went to the expert, Christopher Tuffa, Clarins Global Ambassador.
People always tell you to stick with one brand. I've always mixed and matched. Is this okay?
Christopher says that the steps of layering are pretty much the same regardless of the brand but if you want products that are designed to optimize a technique, Clarins is the brand that works on enhancing it. All Clarins products, developed in our fully own Paris-based labs, are created to work better combined together. Their formulations are specifically designed to be used in conjunction with the different Clarins product ranges.
Should you wait a certain amount of time after applying each product? I love some of his tips about skin care procedure.
It is always good to apply your very first layer (serum and eye cream) on slightly damp skin, so you can go ahead and apply them right after you blot your toner with tissue to absorb any excess. Wait a minute or two between all the other extra layers to allow some time for the product to warm up on your skin and penetrate how it is supposed to. Dry skin will absorb multiple layers faster than other skin types so the wait time will vary. Apply a layer and brush your teeth, apply another one and get your coffee, etc. This is a good morning routine!
There you have it; the secrets of my skin. Be patient and diligent and you too will see a change.